Sunday, June 21, 2009

Church in Finland

Church started at 10 this morning. It was really interesting. Their church was in an older building, it was cool. So first was Sacrement meeting and I put on headphones to have it translated. There was a Finnish guy in the back who translanted both talks for me. It was funny because I was the only one with headphones! And sometimes he would say "I totally missed that" or "I don't know what that word is in English." It was a pretty cool experience. Then I went to an English Sunday School class. The Elders and Sister Missionaries were in it and a few others. A Finnish woman taught the class, it was really nice. And to hear a prayer in English sounded different! After Sunday School we went to Relief Society. They only have one young woman and she wasn't there today so that is why we went to Relief Society. And that was okay, Matilda translated some of it for me.
So church was pretty cool. And after church I called my house and it was only 9 A.M. so it was weird.

1 comment:

  1. Funny! That reminds me of Joey translating at church when we were in Japan, except it was for about 12 people. And he would often say something like, "just think about the topic of faith for a while..." Although he was able to get most of what they said.

    ReplyDelete