Friday, June 26, 2009

Tori, Suomenlinna, and Tuomionkirkko

The beginning of the day started on the metro. All of these pictures are from wednesday. Matilda didn't feel good and Mikaela wouldn't have lasted this whole day. So it was me, Merinda, Sirpa, and their grandpa came part of the time. There are way more pictures than this, I had to pick which ones were the best.
The tori is a market place where there is food and a lot of homemade things you can buy. It was fun to look around.
Eating breakfast at the Tori. That is Matilda's grandpa with us.
The President of Finlands House. She wasn't there because there are not any guards and the flag is not up.
On the boat.
Suomenlinna, an island we went to. We hiked around everywhere. My feet were so tired by the end of the day!
When we first arrived to Suomenlinna.

A cannon.
The Sea.

There were these beautiful yellow flowers.
A cellar type thing.
Finnish flag.
A tunnel on the island. There were a lot of tunnels that we climbed through. And we saw some prison cells.
Inside.
Inside of Tuomionkirkko.
And a picture from the top of Tuomionkirkko.
These are the stairs we climbed to get to Tuomionkirkko it wasn't that bad. But after walking everywhere in Suomenlinna I was done walking for the rest of the day.
This is Tuomionkirkko it is a church building and it is huge and beautiful.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to see you are doing R.I.C.E. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What was in the church? Any pictures, tour guides, or priests? Do they have church services there? how are you doing with the lnaguage?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are pictures abouve it that are in the church dad. I am pretty sure they have church services there. And I don't think they have tours there.
    The language is...okay. I recognize some words. Mikaela and I are at the same level.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a busy day--I love markets though. I would have gone crazy there.

    ReplyDelete