Saturday, July 11, 2009

More things I have noticed

This is a gypsy at the grocery store. I just had to take a picture. There are a lot of gypsies here, you can tell who they are because of what they wear. They wear these big dresses, which are hard to miss. The gypsies don't have the best of reputation amongst the Finns, but the ones I've seen have not caused any trouble. See, this lady is just going about getting her grocery shopping done. Thank you lady for letting me sneak this picture of you!! '')
Most houses also have these drying racks that are above the sink in a cupboard. So if not everything fits in the dishwasher you can just put them up here to dry.
This is a very small oven, most apartments have these small ovens.

Most houses in Finland have this, it is a cutting board that just pulls out like a drawer.

Also, it seems to me that a lot of people have motorcycles and mopeds. It may just be me but that is what I think.

2 comments:

  1. These ovens really are small. It feels like I'm playing in a play house '') especially when I use the oven. I will have to figure out the temperatures etc. on these too... I think the drying cabinet for the dishes is one of the most ingenious inventions ever (especially when you don't have a dishwasher... '*) and get to do all your dishes by hand. At least we don't have to dry them. Just put the up in the cupboard and close the doors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, That previous comment was written by me, Sirpa. Looks like Hannah is still logged on. Again, not by Hannah though.

    ReplyDelete