Sunday, July 19, 2009

More details about the plane ride

This is a picture of me at the Helsinki airport. My last picture in Finland. :(

Sirpa wanted to know how my flight back to the U.S. was so I decided to blog about it. The flight from Helsinki to Iceland was 3 hours long. I had a personal t.v. screen in front of me so it kept me busy. And there was no one sitting next to me so that was nice. In the Iceland airport they changed my gate and I didn't know that but luckily I made it in time. I met a nice Jewish girl who kept me company in that airport. The flight from Iceland from Boston was 5 hours...even though I had my own screen in front of me it did get boring. I sat next to a nice couple from Iceland on the plane. In the Boston airport I went through customs and it was weird but everything went okay. I got my luggage and then I didn't know where to put the luggage. So I went up to a counter and told the person there I had no idea what I was doing. And she said I was in the right spot so that worked out fine. Then I went through security and found my gate. I had to change gates for some reason and on that plane I didn't sit next to anybody. I was able to sleep on the plane it was only an hour plane ride. Once I got to Philadelphia I went to the next gate and had an hour plane ride to Columbus. That flight was the worst because I had a really bad stomach ache. I tried falling asleep and it helped a little bit. There was a seven year old girl next to me who wouldn't stop talking. She was cute though. So I am now an international traveler! I can basically travel anywhere by myself now!

1 comment:

  1. Hey you international traveler! '') It sounds like your trip really went nicely. I was worried about the luggage thing in Boston for you... So glad to hear that you found help and it went smoothly. Also, it's tricky how the gates can change on you like that. I am glad you found out on time and everything went okay. It was all for the best, because just like you said - now you really CAN travel anywhere by yourself. '') Good job!! We're all really proud of you!

    ReplyDelete